Head Start is a federal program that promotes the school readiness of children ages birth to 5, from low-income famiies by enhancing their cognitive, social and emotional development.
The Community Support Department provides direct services, case management, and community referrals to low-income individuals and families in Weber County. Services are designed to assist clients in addressing and overcoming challenges towards self-sufficiency.
CSBG has an emergency 3 month food pantry
Food Pantry Hours
You will need to fill out an application to receive food. Please bring the required documents at the time of service:
- Photo ID
- Social Security Cards (for all members of the household and birth certificates for anyone under the age of 18.)
- Proof of address in Weber County within the last 30 days
- Proofs of income for the last 30 days.
* ALL DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF SERVICE.
Circles USA Mission: To inspire and equip families and communities to resolve poverty and thrive.
Circles is a free resource for families who would like to improve their lives by increasing their social capital, improving job skills, and connecting to members of the community. Through open conversation about the unwritten rules of the middle class, participants claim a stake in the community and become advocates for themselves and other families in need by attending weekly classes.
Through training and weekly meetings, participants (called Circle Leaders) build friendships with volunteers (called Circles Allies). Over time, these relationships help families climb out of poverty and achieve financial stability.
Circles isn’t about quick fixes or handouts. Circles equips families and individuals with the relationships, confidence, skills, and knowledge required to be self-reliant. Circles is a long-term program that assists families and individuals in reaching financial stability.
What can I expect from Circles Weber County?
- Weekly meetings for the whole family (dinner and childcare provided)
- Long-term goal setting
- Establishing your own support network
- Creating an individualized plan just for you
- Gaining access to community resources
- Sharing talents and skills with the community
OWCAP offers these adult education programs in partnership with Weber School District:
- ESL Classes
- High School Completion